Sunday, July 3, 2011

Issues

As a Christian, I have felt the pressure of moral and ethical issues in many realms. I feel that all people have ethical rights, whether to marry, get insurance, keep a job. As a person who was raised by parents who saw potential in everything, I also have tried to abide by what I was raised with. Trans-gender issues were okay with me because they weren't happening to me. Boy, was I wrong. I have gone through the denial phase of the five stages of grief. My anger that I'm supposed to feel, was more of frustration. Frustration of "what will people think" or listening to people who deem this life unacceptable. I'm too worried about that stuff, and I don't know if I've gone through the depression stage yet....I'm thinking I have. I say I don't know because I have dealt with depression a lot, so triggering the topic to be the cause is not necessarily true. I know I feel the anxiety for her acceptance, if that makes any sense. I really pray for her to be accepted by her peers and also that she puts God first and foremost in her/his life.
I've found a home in a forum for people who are gay or transgender. I NEED TO MAKE IT PERFECTLY CLEAR FOR PEOPLE WHO AREN'T EDUCATED ON THIS TOPIC: GENDER IDENTITY AND SEXUAL ORIENTATION ARE NOT IN CORRELATION WITH EACH OTHER. I don't know why I find TQ topics under gay forums. Let me know why that is.
I'm tired, but really wanted to get this post up.

1 comment:

  1. Remember that the five stages of denial come and go. Most grief sufferers will experience only a few of the five stages of grief, while others will experience each one - and of each of those they may experience each stage several times over. Be patient with yourself, be kind to yourself, and take each step at a time with as much grace as you can muster. I'm here for you when you need me! <3

    ReplyDelete