Thursday, July 7, 2011

Hitting Home

We are in the transition of moving from one part of the Seattle area to the other. I want to be closer to my job, which will cost me about $300 more in rent, but it pays off for the gas and time that is spent to get home.

I'm really looking forward to it.
In the meantime, we are staying with some great friends who have been extreme supporters in our lives. Especially for my kid. Having them in our lives and depending on them as "surrogate parents" sometimes, makes me know that I've done right by her. This shows me that I can't blame my parenting all the time.

I know, I'm truly narcistic (sp?) when it comes to my skills and how she turned out. I know for a fact that I didn't always do right by her, but I'm learning to not worry about it anymore. How can that be possible? Well, I think it's the grace of God, really. My dependence on Him helps me tune out the bad and bring on the good points of going through this. Does it mean I'm in denial? Hell no! But beating myself up doesn't make me a better parent. Moving forward does. And if anyone knows me well enough, moving forward is one step, while looking back is at least 2 of them. I need to learn from my mistakes, but I don't need to live by them, which is what I'm trying to work on. Now, I just need to support and be supported.

I would love to know your thoughts. Please drop a line.
Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment