Friday, February 3, 2012

Your Best

I am not a perfect servant. I am a public servant doing my best against the odds. As I develop and serve, be patient. God is not finished with me yet.
--Jesse Jackson

Sometimes I still get asked questions by very conservative believers why I am happy and okay with Owen's "choice". I say choice because Owen has chosen to live the path the he feels the most comfortable and open with, even though the physical odds are against him in that respect.

I had an epiphany this morning--My best work is done when I am at my best. That means feeling comfortable in my skin. If you've never seen me before, I am obese, so feeling comfortable in my own skin takes some effort. I feel best when I'm wearing nice jeans or slacks. And if I feel girly, I feel comfortable in a skirt with boots. Owen has a brain that is disconnected from his body when it comes to the physical attributes. He feels his best by wearing ANYTHING from the mens' department. By showing you our true inside on the outside (me-simplistic, down-to-earth female: Owen-heartfelt, semi-extrovert male) we are doing our best work for God and community. So next time you have people who disagree with you, religious or not, let them know that this is your best, and your best is what God wants.

No comments:

Post a Comment